It’s been a while since I gave the thought of the series a serious look. I have still neither finalised nor decided on the story line. The inspiration is lying some place waiting for me to pluck it! I am letting it take it’s own time. However, I am also sceptical about it. I have received no feedback for the earlier series. Either it was really that bad or may be no one read it really. This has put me off guard. I know it was my first series but then… I hope you understand.
The missing Bai sent my wife and mother in a tizzy since we did not want even a single day of maalish missed for either of the two, my wife and baby. After waiting for several hours, my mom decided to take it up in her hands and finish off the maalish is another story but non availability of the bai was something neither were ready to accept.
Just because of these indispensible helps, I thought it was fairly interesting to know what some of the common excuses these Bais made. I have compiled my list below from my experience. Let me know if you think there is more to the variety of excuses made!
- What tops the list and the reason the Gujarati family article was mentioned was that the Bais are excellent at killing the same person several times! in fact even if the person is related in a distant way, they take off at the drop of a hat citing the reason of death! so Excuse number 1, “Mera <insert name/relationship here> kal guzar gaya. Isiliye mai udhar gayi thi!” It is for this reason I think the poor Gujarati family has done no harm, it is these Bais who need to be arrested! Pun intended.
- Somebody or the other has to fall ill and then the entire responsibility falls on the Bai! Poor Bai, she not only has to work at other places, but also tend to the ill at home! so Excuse number 2, “Mera <insert name/relationship here> kal bimaar ho gaya tha aur ghar main koi usko dekhne ko nahin tha!”
- Well, if somebody cannot fall ill, why no the Bai become that somebody! A precursor to expecting the Bai missing the next day is to carefully listen to what the Bai is talking about today! She may complain of a backache or feeling feverish or even a toothache! In short she is warning you in advance to be prepared to do the work yourself the next day! “So Excuse number 3, “Meri tabiyat kharab thi, mujhko <insert ailment here> hua/tha!”
- You cannot kill somebody everyday, you cannot fall ill or get someone to fall ill everyday, so what do we do! Very simple! Complain of excessive work at another employer’s place and say you cannot make it! Complain of how the employer is mistreating you with loading you with less than half of what she does herself! Complain how there are so many guests that you are not able to finish your work! So Excuse number 4, “Aaj <insert name here> ke ghar pe bahut saare mehmaan hai, main nahin aa sakegi!” Well, this would come to you after you have waited for her all day and then finally decided to call her up!
- Final excuse when all fails and you have nothing to say, it’s no vacation season, no guests expected and all excuses used. Failsafe and one that the employer can never refuse. For this excuse to be used, it is mandatory that your Bai is married and has kids. the more grown up, the better! So final failsafe Excuse number 5, “Aaj <insert name/relationship here> ke school main bulaya hai, parent – teacher meeting hai!”
Can you think up of any other excuses that can be added to this list?
Now that I have ample time at my hands, I have thought of a simple Plan of Action to keep my self preoccupied and busy! I have always meant to do these things but some how as a part of the rat race, I never got time for it! Although these do appear like the resolutions one makes during the New Year’s Eve or on their birthday which are never meant to be fulfilled, I would try my best to stick to them!
- On the top of my Agenda shall be to blog more, more and lot more. Be it about what I am doing, my photographs or even the stock Market. I shall try and revive my Stock Market tips blog and see where it goes!
- Next on my agenda definitely has to be to exercise. I know I need it really badly and now thanks to Jisha, my older daughter, I hope to get it too!
- Photograph my daughters more and photograph a bit of my surroundings too!
- Relearn my stock analysis skill! I seem to have forgotten more than I had anticipated!
- Read more books! I currently have a stash of books that are waiting to be read. Let me try and finish them once I am done with relearning my stocks’ analysis skills!
- Catch up with movies I have missed over the past so many months!
- Last but not the least, definitely find myself a new job!
I happened to find this abandoned cycle on my neighbor’s terrace the other day. It brought back memories that I cherished. I still remember those days when DD National channel played the serial “Street Hawk” on Sundays. Ecstasy! I used to consider myself as “The Street Hawk!” In fact, I even used to ape the serial by riding my then cycle, a white colored “BSA Champ”, in the most reckless style!
This recklessness never fetched me any thing is a different thing. The thrill, the speed, the air running fast through the hair! What else could a 10 year old ask for? This 10 year old in me is still alive, probably that’s the reason why I call my bike the night rider and drive as fast as possible!
However, these days I am seeing a negative trend setting in. there is hardly a kid in my area who rides a bicycle! All that I see around me are kids as young as 13-14 burning the road with the 2-wheelers that their parents use. I share the wall of my building compound with another family. The children there, who are almost half my age, if not more, are double in waist size than me!
Ridiculous! Are we as the present generation, or parents, or friends, or siblings failing somewhere? I guess it is high time we opened our eyes and took a reality check.
I guess it’s high time we all hit the roads and exercised. After all, isn’t it true that a country is at its best when its inhabitants are at their healthiest best?
Well, how many times have we had such fleeting thoughts that the moment we got it we lost it!!! Something just like this train… it passes by just so fast… just the same way that you would expect from an unknown person…
But I would not agree with that!!! How many sweet memories do we hold of this train, how many soulful journeys have we gone in the train??? Wind blowing into our face when we stood out at the door, or as kids forced our faces out of the window to look at the curving train!!! It does not just end there… so many strangers who we made friends with by the time we reached our destination. Or as a matter of fact all the wares that would be sold by all kinds of people… some whom as kids we despised at the first look while some how ever they looked, we drooled for the stuff that they sold!!!
Ok lets move a little more ahead… train journeys always remind me of the yummy food that mom packed up for us!!! the first thing that as kids we did the minute the station was out of sight was to ask mom if there was something to eat! I really pity mom! Well, the hogging done, the next best thing that at least my brother and I did as kids was to decide what to play!!! The ball always fell in my mom’s court… she was never involved in the first place but then my bro and I could never come to an amicable decision! We always needed a third party to settle that!!! Psst… that happens even now sometimes!!!
I am now getting nostalgic!!! I want to get out and venture into another journey!!! I have a few things planned up… but I am not too sure when that would materialize!!! Well, so long until then!!!
More updates when I actually have them!!! 😉
Well I can think of only one song as of now!!!
Gaadi bula rahi hai… seeti baja rahi hai… chalna hi zindagi hai… chalti hi jaa rahi hai…
Yummy food and me go hand in hand!!! Been enjoying and devouring food like crazy over the weekend. No idea how I was able to allow it to get into my belly!!! Maybe that’s the reason I have been gaining inches over my waist over the past one year!!
Can’t seem to be getting over it!!!! Here is a fundoo idea that I am going to use the next time I feel the urge to cram up food!!!! I am going to go dip my head in a bucket of water until the feeling goes away!!! Just joking!! I am gonna be excercising lotsa self restraint though!!