We test drove the Renault Lodgy at Goa over the previous weekend courtesy BlogAdda and Renault India. A little about the car first.
- The car is available in 6 colors, Royal Orchid, Absolute Steel, Planet Grey, Pearl White, Moonlight Silver, and Indigo Breeze.
- The car is available in 2 engine variants, 5 Speed Gearbox mated with a 85 PS engine and 6 speed gearbox mated with a 110 PS engine.
- The car is available as 7 and 8 seater versions with the base model being priced at INR 8,32,000 ex showroom Bangalore and the top end model being priced at INR 11,92,000 ex showroom Bangalore.
- The car comes with ErgoDrive that ensures that the drive is ergonomic as well as powerful.
We test drove both the 110 PS as well as 85 PS versions and found that the car definitely has some meat to it.
The car comes with ample legroom and space for all kinds of knick knacks. The car also features a nifty feature where the standard boot space of 207 liters can be expanded to be up to 1861 liters by removing the 3rd Row completely as well a folding the second row flat against the front row seats. The other nifty set of features that the car comes with are:
- Premium Leather/Fabric seat upholstery.
- Cruise Control and Speed Limiter.
- 12 Volt Charging Socket for all the 3 rows.
- Intuitive Audio and Phone Controls
- 8 way adjustable Driver seats with Armrest.
- Medianav system with Rear view camera display
- Dual AC with roof mounted vents for the 2nd and 3rd Rows.
- Dual Front Airbags with ABS and EBD with Brake Assist.
All in all this offering from Renault is meant as a complete package for the upper middle class Urban user who would manage to sneak in a trip or two to the countryside every now and then.
Image Courtesy Renault India.